Step-by-step instructions on how to add a clickable telephone number to your website.
Adding a clickable phone number is quite easy on a Dirigible website!
- To start, go to the desired page on your website, such as a contact page to which you’d like to add your number.
- From there, click “Edit Page” and type out your number in its designated area. Don’t be afraid to customize its appearance with emojis, “tel: “ or even just “t: “ to make sure users know its purpose!
- Highlight the number and select “Link” from the menu that pops up. Alternatively, you can use ⌘K for Mac or Ctrl+K on Windows for the same effect.
- Once you reach the area to add a link, type “tel:+” with the country code of the number you want, followed by the telephone number.
- For example, a US number would look like “tel:+11234567890”, with the first ‘1’ being America’s code and an example number to follow. Once you input the number, all you have to do is hit the “Update” button, and the number goes into effect once you publish the site.
Additionally, you can add a clickable number directly to the menu of your website.
- To do this, you start by clicking the name of your website in the top bar and clicking “Menus.”
- Once there, go to the sidebar and scroll down to “Appearance” and click “Custom Links.”
- There, it is the same process as before, where you type “tel:+” with the country code of your number.
- Once you add to menu, you can move the block around to the desired area you’d like it in the menu of your website.
- Don’t forget to hit “Save Menu” and you’ll be all set!